A year ago the roof of the shop started to leak. Wind, rain and moss finally worked through the ancient wood shingles and allowed buckets of water to rush in and damage the work bench, power tools and projects. A year of downtime ensued, where I had limited access as the shop dried out and a new roof installed.
Last week my father-in-law and I put the finishing touches on the roof, installing some support rafters and removing the bracing that was holding up the old rotting ceiling. Now I'm finally able to use the shop again!
In the past two weeks I've rebuilt the work benches, installed my new bench top mill and threw away a truck load of molded, broken and unusable materials. I've also started a fairly major IKEA hack, which I will post about when it is finished. In the meantime, I've included some before and after pictures. Enjoy!
|Trying to contain the mess|
|The benches were new at this point, all of the wood had to be replaced.|
|The newly remodeled shop.|
|The new mill.|
|Parts bins, paint and casting supplies.|
|The weapon wall...|